The Clinical Laboratory Scientist I will work within the Clinical Laboratory to perform pre-analytic and post-analytical testing. Clinical Laboratory Scientist may be required to perform validation testing for protocol improvement within the department or testing related to research and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements solutions with some guidance
- Responsible for maintenance for a test/system
- Resource for Level I CLS or CLA
- Perform limited training of Level I CLS or CLA
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in the expected time frame
- Perform work assignments accurately, timely and safely
- Present scientific data when appropriate
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Work with other departments as requested.
- Effectively communicate project status to supervisor, peers and other staff.
- Interact professionally with customers and collaborators.
- Revises and writes SOPs
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- BS degree in a related science
- Up to 1 year of clinical laboratory experience is preferred
Qualifications: Licenses and Other Credentials:
- ASCP or other equivalent, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with general molecular biology techniques
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with aseptic technique and general microbiology
- Able to design, analyze and interpret controlled experiments to facilitate assay development
- Ability to identify and recognize problems and issues
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and microbiology