The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II will work within the Clinical Laboratory to perform pre-analytic and post-analytical testing. Clinical Laboratory Scientist may be required to perform validation testing for protocol improvement within the department or testing related to research and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with general molecular biology techniques
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with aseptic and general microbiology
- Able to design, analyze and interpret controlled experiments to facilitate assay development
- Revises and writes SOPs
- Ability to identify and recognize problems and issues
- Implements solutions with some guidance.
- Responsible for maintenance for a test/system.
- Resource for Level 1 CLS or CLA.
- Perform limited training of Level 1 CLS or CLA.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in the expected time frame
- Perform work assignments accurately, timely and safely
- Present scientific data when appropriate
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Work with other departments as requested.
- Effectively communicate project status to supervisor, peers and other staff.
- Interact professionally with customers and collaborators.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
• BS degree in a related science
• Up to 1 year of clinical laboratory experience is preferred
• Basic knowledge of molecular biology and microbiology
Qualifications: Licenses and Other Credentials:
- ASCP or other equivalent, preferred