The Laboratory Technician III will perform a variety of procedures to support the workflow of the Production Operations. The Laboratory Technician III will be responsible for performing support functions for various routine and non-routine manufacturing operations such as reagent formulation, product testing and validation, equipment calibration, etc. The Laboratory Technician III is expected to follow validated procedures with occasional direct supervision from the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in molecular biology techniques
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in aseptic technique and microbiology
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze and interpret controlled experiments to facilitate product development or improvement
- Develop, write and/or edit SOP’s
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Technical expert in lab operations and techniques
- Ability to train lab personnel
- Works with minimal direction for Lab Supervisor/Lab Manager
- Formulate, fill and package consumables according to Company SOPs and cGMP guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain laboratory supplies and laboratory equipment
- Ensure the accuracy of all work and complete all documentation according to Company SOPs
- Ability to employ a range of skills including microbiology and molecular biology
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment and work
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame
- Perform work assignments accurately and in a safe manner
- Effectively communicate project status to group leader
- Assist in supporting daily manufacturing/operations activities as required. Additional activities may include shipping/receiving and Inventory control.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- BS in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related discipline with
- At least 3 years laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Molecular Biology and/or Microbiology
- Experience in cGMP preferred