High Resolution Transmission Investigation and Epidemiology Research
The Acuitas Whole Genome Sequence (WGS) Analysis strain typing service uses Core Genomic Multi-locus Strain Typing (cgMLST) schema, which analyzes thousands of targets to differentiate isolates and thereby provides higher resolution for transmission analysis.
Additionally, our service identifies a full spectrum of antibiotic resistance genotypes to provide insight into the antibiotic resistance mechanisms of the pathogens.
Our team can also customize our service to your needs. Contact us to discuss your microbial sequencing project.
Discriminate bacterial isolates to confirm or rule out transmission with greater certainty.
- cgMLST is based on thousands of core chromosomal genes.
- Higher resolution than conventional multi-locus strain typing (MLST).
- Relationship of isolates depicted by a dendrogram based on cgMLST analysis.
Antibiotic Resistance Genotyping Analysis
Thousands of resistance genes are analyzed for comprehensive genetic understanding of antibiotic resistance mechanisms.
- Single nucleotide resolution of plasmid-mediated genes, gyrase A/parC genotypes, and export pump/porin alterations.
- Antibiotic resistance gene subtypes and mechanisms identified for each bacterial isolate.
Custom WGS Assembly and Bioinformatics Analytics
OpGen provides a flexible, customizable, and consultative whole genome sequencing service including:
- Whole Genome Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Analysis.
- Whole Genome Sequencing with or without Assembly.
- Customer-defined Sequencing and Bioinformatics Services.
Consultation and data review available upon request. For a quote please contact Customer Service here.
Call 301.869.9683 or email to discuss your needs for sequencing and/or bioinformatic analysis.