Rapidly identify and locate Antibiotic Resistance threats in healthcare institutions and networks
Early Identification and Rapid Surveillance for the cause of the Most Dangerous Antibiotic Resistant Infections
Every year, more than two million people in the U.S. become ill from antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and 23,000 of them die. The CDC and other public health organizations have called for new molecular technologies to combat the global multidrug-resistant organisms (MDRO) issue. Molecular solutions detect quickly and accurately, improving infection control programs and providing hospitals with a more targeted antibiotic response to aid in antibiotic stewardship programs.
The Acuitas Surveillance and Protection Program utilizes OpGen’s laboratory services, our proprietary portfolio of molecular tests, and Acuitas Lighthouse® MDRO Management System to rapidly identify and locate antibiotic resistance threats in healthcare institutions and networks.
- An eight year retrospective study highlighted the importance of understanding your MDRO rates.
- The hospital system of 22 hospitals uncovered ESBL rates increasing over 300% and discovered 70% of patients admitted with MDROs came from an outpatient setting.
Benefits of the Program
- Identify MDROs in patients at risk to develop antibiotic resistant infections.
- Locate silent clusters of antibiotic resistance within hospital to prevent transmission.
- Track and trend movement of antibiotic resistant organisms across healthcare network and geo locate the source of greatest threats.
- Build an antibiotic resistance database specific to your institution or network.
- Results displayed in a secure web portal, facilitating information sharing within institution or network.
OpGen solutions protect patients from MDROs
and identify critical trends as they emerge.