Identify presence of antibiotic resistance quickly and with high sensitivity and specificity.
Make better informed infection control decisions.
Detects genes associated with CRE, Carbapenemase Producers, CTX-M related ESBLs, and VRE directly from one swab*.
- Coverage of more than 200 sub-types.
- Results delivered from OpGen Clinical Services Laboratory within 24 hours of receipt of specimens.
*Validated for peri-anal swabs collected with Eswabs™ (trademark of Copan Diagnostics, Inc). Culture isolates also validated.
Quickly screen for antibiotic resistance genes and confirm the presence of CRE
From one surveillance swab*, test specimens with the Acuitas MDRO Gene Test and phenotypic methods to confirm presence of Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE).
- Highly sensitive carbapenemase gene detection.
- Isolate obtained from CRE Selective Culture.
- ID/AST confirms organism identity and antibiotic susceptibility profile.
- Receive MDRO Gene Test results from OpGen Clinical Laboratory Services within 24 hours of specimen receipt, get notified of CRE isolate growth within 48 hours, and receive ID/AST reports within 72 hours.
*Validated for peri-anal swabs collected with Eswabs™. Culture isolates also validated.
Rapid and comprehensive genotyping of MDRO isolates
Characterize isolates by genes of resistance to determine strain relatedness in days.
Acuitas Resistome Test
- Creates Molecular Profile – Resistome results are used to create objective , gene-based “digital” profiles in the Acuitas Lighthouse MDRO Management System.
- Comprehensive – Detects 46 genes associated with major drug resistance classes: Carbapenemases (including plasmid mediated CRE genes), ESBL, & AmpCs.
- Accurate – 99% concordance to resistance gene detection with Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS).
- Rapid – 24 hour turnaround time from laboratory receipt of specimen.
- Informative – quickly determines differences among isolates and selects candidates for higher resolution Acuitas Whole Genome Sequence Analysis.
- Analysis available from culture isolates.
Comprehensive gene menu
protects patients and
aids clinical decisions.