The Technical Manager, Antibiotic Surveillance Solutions (TMASS) is responsible for the development of OpGen’s technical solutions for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance programs engaged by the company. He/she oversees the design and successful delivery of OpGen’s components to the Program. These designs will be aligned with OpGen’s overall mAST technical architecture. The TMASS is also responsible for the integration of OpGen’s components into the larger team solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defining component deliverables of the overall technical solution program.
- Defining success metrics and criteria with enterprise collaborators that will assess the success of the pilot and downstream stages of the AMR surveillance program.
- Assisting in the deployment of OpGen Acuitas Gene Panel testing technology into selected healthcare facilities if needed.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with all corporate, academic, and state government members of the surveillance program team. Representing OpGen’s interests as an active member of the program’s governance processes.
- Reporting program status to cognizant OpGen executives and executives of all team member organizations and other stakeholders.
- Taking remedial action to fix issues affecting program performance
- Escalating issues to the appropriate executive sponsor and other executives
- Prospecting for opportunities to market OpGen’s full product suite to partners and other entities
- Develop programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program. Lead the development of budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of the Program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the leadership team.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; MS/MBA preferred
- Experience with B2B teaming arrangements
- Familiarity with healthcare facilities and systems in program geographical area
- Familiarity with iterative custom development techniques (Design-Build- Test)
- Knowledge of medical/IVD devices and/or bioinformatics.
- Knowledge of current issues in antibiotic resistance surveillance
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of project management.