Why we come to work every day
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO! We wake every day psyched that we are on a path to creating ground-breaking diagnostics that will help guide clinicians with more rapid and actionable information about life-threatening infections, improve patient outcomes, and decrease the spread of infections caused by multidrug-resistant microorganisms. It’s an amazing feeling knowing we will make a significant difference to human health around the world.
Our team is comprised of some of the best and brightest people in the industry – a true world-class, A-team. We work hard and smart in collaboration with each other to achieve our noble and necessary success. As an organization, we actively strive to create a culture that fosters cooperation and engagement and provides a sense of meaningful achievement for every member of our staff.
Besides compelling work, great teammates and a facilitative culture, our tangible rewards are fantastic
- Compensation: Besides a competitive base compensation package, everyone is eligible for an annual bonus and equity in the company.
- Recognition: Our OpGen Award for Excellence provides tax-paid gift cards to those who stand out as examples of our core values.
- Advancement: There are no layers of bureaucracy between you and the next job. As our company grows so do the opportunities to advance.
Learning & Professional Development:
Because we are cutting-edge, almost every job at OpGen is a learn-by-doing classroom where mentors abound. In addition, we offer several professional development programs:
- Education Assistance: We offer reimbursement to offset the costs of education for anyone who takes courses or enters a formal academic curriculum of study.
- Publications and Patents: We actively support and proudly recognize any member of our team in writing professional publications, scientific posters and patent submissions.
- Management Development: We hold semi-monthly discussion groups, led by experts in areas such as leadership, performance management, communications, employment law, project management, etc.
- Quality Management System Training: We offer “read & understand” and well as on-the-job training in our Standard Operation Procedures as needed.
Health & Welfare Benefits:
Our benefit offering is as good as, if not better than, any large company:
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision plans: Other than very reasonable monthly premiums, there is almost no out of pocket for medical expenses for the employee or family.
- Free on-site flu shots
- An above average performing 401K Savings Plan
- Sage Scholarship accounts to fund your kids’ education
- Company paid Life & Disability with no taxability on the benefits when paid
- Group Pet Insurance
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Employee Talent Referral Bonuses
Although we are serious and disciplined about the work we do, we have a relaxed dress code throughout the company. We believe people work more productively when they are comfortable.
All of our facilities have open food pantries that offer healthy mini-meals and snacks as well as free cold and hot beverages. We also have frequent company on-site lunches, activities, happy hours and outings such as holiday parties, picnics, wine tastings, and Washington Capitals games.
If you are seeking a place that will make an impact on the world, challenge you to solve important problems, surround you with great colleagues, offer amazing rewards and be where you can have fun…OpGen may be your new home.
Get in touch…
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no current openings, please check back soon.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in OpGen. Please submit a cover letter with your current resume and salary requirements to jobs@OpGen.com, specifying the job code in the subject line. You will receive a reply to confirm the receipt of your resume. Should we find that your skills and experience match our position needs, an OpGen representative will contact you to discuss the opportunity. Due to the volume of inquiries received, we regret that we cannot contact all applicants personally.