The Acuitas AMR Gene Panel helps to advance your diagnostic capabilities using multiplexed PCR to provide rapid and comprehensive resistance gene detection from a pure isolate in about 2.5 hours to aid in the management of patients.
The AMR Challenge
Antibiotic resistance is one of the greatest global public health challenges of our time.1
- More than 2.8 million antibiotic-resistant infections occur in the U.S. each year, and more than 35,000 people die as a result.2
- Culture-based AST is routine and considered the gold standard, but it requires days, can be subjective and the data may be insufficient.
- Empiric treatment while waiting for lab result is costly and leads to more antibacterial resistance and worsening patient outcomes. 30% of antibiotic prescriptions may be inappropriate.3
Managing patients with resistant bacterial infections is challenging and costly.
- AMR adds $20 billion to annual US healthcare costs.4
- Patients infected with resistant bacteria have a longer median length of stay (LOS) of 5 days.5
- The average cost of a US 3-day hospital stay is around $30,000.6
Acuitas AMR Gene Panel has the capability to rapidly detect resistance markers that are among the most serious threats on CDC’s list.
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacterales “Also known as Nightmare Bacteria”
- ESBL-producing Enterobacterales
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE)
- Multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa