Rapid identification of bacteria and yeast directly from positive blood cultures.
Our PNA technology helps hospitals reduce costs and provide better patient management.
AdvanDx offers a panel of PNA FISH® tests for rapid identification of bacteria and yeast directly from positive blood cultures. These tests cover pathogens responsible for the majority of bloodstream infections and found in more than 85% of positive blood cultures. Our proprietary platform of PNA FISH tests help hospitals reduce time to pathogen identification, provide better patient management and lower hospital costs1,2.
Quick and easy procedure
Turnaround time < 90 minutes
Hands on time — 10 minutes
- Add drop of fixation solution
- Add drop from positive blood culture
- Fix bacteria/yeast onto slide
– Methanol, or
– Flame fixation
- Add PNA probe
- Probe enters cells and binds to target rRNA sequence, if present
- Immerse in wash solution
- Unbound and excess PNA probe is removed from cells and slide
- Fourescence microscopy using 60x or 100x oil objective
- Target bacteria and yeast flouresce