Isolate Sequencing Services for Infection Prevention and Control
Outbreak Surveillance and Infection Prevention require accurate typing and characterization of bacterial isolates. Sequence your isolates with the pathogenomics- and AMR-experts at Ares Genetics and rely on the validated, AI powered ARESiss platform for accurate, comprehensive, and epidemiologically relevant data from microbial isolates.
Bacterial Isolates or DNA
Data Analysis & Interpretation
The ARESiss platform has been validated end-to-end using CLIA-grade processes to ensure accurate and reproducible isolate sequencing results.1
ARESiss Express sequencing and analysis in as little as 5 business days available upon request.
Reduce antibiotic use
Monitor trends and identify the emergence of new threats
Trace chains of transmission
Improve antimicrobial therapy through predictive AST
Express turnaround time of 5 days available upon request
Quality results based on validated ARESiss platform1
Access to reports via the AREScloud portal
Actionable intelligence on Pathogens and AMR
Whole genome sequencing using short- or long-read technology
ID & typing (cgMLST, MLST)
AMR marker profiling & annotation
Virulence marker & plasmid profiling
Outbreak analysis (optional)
Custom analytics (optional)
Ares Genetics Expertise
An industry leading database and AI powered bioinformatics platform convert isolate genome data into epidemiologically actionable information.
Ares analytics enable accurate pathogen identification1,2 and AMR detection3 in line with FDA requirements for diagnostic antimicrobial susceptibility test (AST) systems.4
Predictive AST is the prediction of antimicrobial susceptibility profiles from genomic data. Resistance markers tell only one side of the story. Whether a pathogen is susceptible to antibiotic therapy can depend on a combination of different genes and genomic mutations. Unlike other solutions that purely rely on AMR gene detection, Ares Genetics aims to set the standard for AI-powered predictive antibiotic susceptibility testing (predictive AST).2,3,5,6,7 Predictive models for a wide range of pathogen-drug combinations are trained using an industry-leading collection of continuously curated clinical pathogen genomes and associated antibiotic susceptibility profiles.
ARESai uses machine learning efforts aimed to set the industry standard for AI-powered infectious disease testing in accordance with FDA guidelines.8,9
ARESdb is a comprehensive collection of resistance-associated genes and genetic markers for AMR. ARESdb also stores training data and AI predictive models.
AREScloud is a web-based, user-friendly portal to Isolate Reports and an interface enabling decentralized NGS- based Isolate Analysis for reference labs and medical centers.
- Lepuschitz, S. et al. Front Microbiol 11, 1883 (2020). doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2020.01883
- Beisken, S. et al. (2021). https://www.opgen.com/multicenter/
- Ferreira, I. et al. J Clin Microbiol 58, (2020). doi: 10.1128/jcm.00273-20
- Reller, L. B. et al. Clin Infect Dis 49, 1749–1755 (2009). doi: 10.1086/647952
- Volz, C. et al. Front Microbiol 10, 1671 (2019). doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.01671
- Galata, V. et al. Genom Proteom Bioinform 17, 169–182 (2019). doi: 10.1016/j.gpb.2018.11.002
- Mahfouz, N. et al. J Antimicrob Chemoth 75, dkaa257- (2020). doi: 10.1093/jac/dkaa257
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Accessed April 16, 2022. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/software-medical-device-samd/artificial-intelligence-and-machine-learning-software-medical-device (2021)
- Lüftinger, L. et al. Front Cell Infect Mi 11, 610348 (2021). doi: 10.3389/fcimb.2021.610348