The Director, Business Development (DBD) represents OpGen to potential and existing commercial and government life science, healthcare and public health clients in his/her assigned territory within North America. The primary mission of the DBD is to sell, service, and support OpGen’s products and other solutions related to them. These include all available OpGen systems (Unyvero and Acuitas). The DBD is responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s revenue objectives, driving top-line growth in his or her assigned region. He or she may manage a sales/business development team. Call points may range from laboratory management clinicians to healthcare administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements sales and marketing tactics, support programs, and materials to meet sales goals and drive growth.
- Prospects, develops, and implements strategies to engage and close hospital systems via microbiology departments, infectious disease physicians, infectious disease. pharmacists, pulmonologists, intensivists and antibiotic stewardship members, etc.
- Communicates the clinical and economic benefits of the Unyvero and Acuitas systems versus current conventional microbiology methods.
- Fosters and maintains key account relations, serves as the direct contact for OpGen.
- Works closely with marketing to provide real-time feedback from customers aligned with long term strategy and executable field tactics.
- Develops key opinion leaders and key reference sites within the territory to support the OpGen technology adoption.
- Accurately and regularly enters and tracks all contacts through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system effectively manage the business in the territory, to include: account, activity, pipeline management and forecasting.
- Prepares adequate and timely reports and communications for internal stakeholders and serves as primary communication point for clients and distributors. Manages and reports activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Attends and represents OpGen at conferences and tradeshows.
- May manage distributors for assigned territory, including the identification of new distributors to meet revenue goals.
- Manage expenses within annual budget
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Please be located in Southern California or Arizona.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline (Pharm D, MBA preferred).
- Experience selling molecular diagnostic equipment or assays/tests, diagnostic medical devices/capital equipment to hospitals in the Southwestern US.
- Experience with clinical pharmacology, infectious disease, microbiology or specialty experience (oncology, surgery, nephrology, neurology, ICU/CCU) preferred.
- Field sales management experience necessary
- Sales experience involving enterprise level sales (i.e. account management) with high level decision makers and executives.
- Sales and management experience requiring the ability to develop, negotiate and close deals in the form of a signed contract/purchase order, then monitor and manage revenue growth.
- Experience managing distributors is helpful