OpGen is a precision medicine company using molecular diagnostics and informatics to help combat infectious disease. We are developing molecular information products and services for global healthcare settings, helping to guide clinicians with more rapid and actionable information about life threatening infections, improve patient outcomes, and decrease the spread of infections caused by multidrug-resistant microorganisms, or MDROs. Our proprietary DNA tests and informatics address the rising threat of antibiotic resistance by helping physicians and other healthcare providers optimize care decisions for patients with acute infections.
The Product Manager (ProdMgr) is the primary owner of the revenue commitment and overall product lifecycle for a single product, line of products or a portfolio of products at OpGen. The ProdMgr conducts market research in order to recommend to OpGen management, what we should develop and sell to whom, why and how.
Working with colleagues across OpGen, the ProdMgr develops, and executes the marketing plan for our products in order to meet corporate market-share, brand, revenue, and profitability goals. The ProdMgr is therefore responsible for determining the market opportunity for OpGen, given the competitive landscape, and then subsequently develop the requirements and lifecycles of the OpGen product(s) that will address that opportunity. ProdMgrs also are responsible for developing the promotional and sales plan for each product.
These fully defined product proposals are brought to OpGen Management. Once approved, the ProdMgr leads a cross-functional team in the timely execution of product development projects and go-to-market plans. The ProdMgr is responsible for product marketing activities including pricing, competitive analysis, promotional programs, market research, publications, and distribution and channel strategies. Ensures that market is adequately monitored, customer needs are identified, and company responses are developed and communicated appropriately to all stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts on-going market research to determine product opportunities for OpGen within the context of our overall strategic intent.
• Articulates the business value to OpGen of elements of its product portfolio and recommends to management, new product development efforts, enhancements to existing products or retirement of products.
• Works with manufacturing, sales and post-market support to develop and execute plans for assigned products to optimize portfolio value proposition and the forecasting and achievement of revenue and margin expectations, market share goals and product line strategies.
• Defines and manages a risk mitigation plan for each product.
• Based on market competitive analysis, and in concert with research and development and regulatory staff, defines product specifications and features for each OpGen product, line or portfolio of products.
• Develops a release plan for introduction of product enhancements across the products lifecycle.
• Works with QA and field support staff to develop customer training and installation support as needed.
• Provides product sales forecasts for use in financial and production planning.
• Manages marketing communication programs including advertising, direct mail, product literature/ sales tools, website, etc. in alignment with product line and brand strategy.
• Develops retirement plan for discontinued products.
• Serves as “subject matter expert” for product to the business and all key stakeholders.
• Develops and delivers sales training programs.
• Manages tradeshow plan and leads each event by providing marketing and / or technical support at all related functions. Responsible for all associated logistics and management of tradeshow staff.
Qualifications: Training and Education:
• BA / BS in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Biology, MBA highly preferred (focus in marketing a plus).
• 6+ years of successful product management or other relevant experience in sales and marketing role and/or product launch experiences in medical diagnostics (molecular infectious disease highly preferred).
Qualifications: Experience and Background:
• Has successfully brought a diagnostic product to market and managed it across its lifecycle.
• Knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, is highly desired, but not a requirement
• Possesses working knowledge of marketing regulated clinical diagnostics, preferably in the field of infectious disease. Deep understanding of typical OpGen customer environments
• Interacts and presents technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience
• Direct sales experience would be helpful.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Word
• Lab experience preferred; not required
Qualifications: Skills, Licenses and Other Credentials
• Demonstrated sales and marketing success in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment
• Ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel
Location: 708 Quince Orchard Rd, Suite 205, Gaithersburg MD 20878; Remote applicants considered
Travel Expectation: 30%
Direct Reports: None
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in OpGen. Please submit a cover letter with your current resume and salary requirements to jobs@OpGen.com, specifying the job code in the subject line. You will receive a reply to confirm the receipt of your resume. Should we find that your skills and experience match our position needs, an OpGen representative will contact you to discuss the opportunity. Due to the volume of inquiries received, we regret that we cannot contact all applicants personally.